Saturday, October 10, 2015

What Do You Mean?

Kids say the funniest things. They surprise us because we forget about the amount of thinking that goes on in those little bodies. If you have a child or small relative, then you probably have an own experience of when a kid’s comment caught you off guard.

I remember the story about a relative who was heading off to work. She stopped in her tracks when her straight-faced second grader said, “You look like a clown.” Her outfit, in all of its polka-dotted glory, ended up back in the closet.

Yesterday I asked one of our kids a question about doing homework. I got a blank look, so I said, “You look as though I asked you to eat a cow.” Our youngster replied, “I probably could if it was seasoned right.” You never know what kids will say. Here’s more:

                                         https://youtu.be/yeqbaoaXbMw


The one little girl offered serious advice: You don’t need a raise. Problem solved. Wouldn’t it be nice to get the “perfect” advice for every situation? We all need someone to tell us the truth without tip-toeing around an issue. What advice have you been hesitant to give?      

No comments: