Friday, April 10, 2015

Practicing Fobulous Habits


Our mechanic recently installed a new battery in my vehicle’s key fob, so why does it take  about five clicks to unlock the door?  I click and click until I’m standing alongside my vehicle, waiting to get in. Opening a car door with a faulty key fob is frustrating. I stopped using the key a few years ago and I guess I forgot that the key still works!

Habits develop faster than we realize, but they can take a long time to break. Nearly everything we do on a frequent basis could evolve into a habit. I wonder how long it took to form these tendencies:  

                                              https://youtu.be/heJBXz0kNDM

If we believe our performances hinge on how we put on socks or the number of times we tap  the ground, we’ve crossed over into the realm of ritualistic habits. They’re entertaining and raise our comfort levels, but I’m not sure they’re dependable. What habits give you confidence to do your best? 

No comments: