Friday, March 1, 2013

Taking It For Granted?

Are you more likely to clean the inside or the outside of your vehicle? I often try to do a thorough vacuuming before passengers pile in. When it comes to the outside, I hope for a hard rain. Unfortunately, the weather disappoints me. Either it doesn’t rain hard enough to wash away the grime or I’m parked in a place where I miss the cleansing shower. I’m usually the driver with the not-so-clean vehicle, but I’m not the only one.

One day we stopped at a red light and looked over at the vehicle that had pulled up beside us. This driver’s vehicle looked like an angry crowd had pelted it with mud balls. We laughed until our sides ached. I can’t imagine how the vehicle got that dirty. Maybe the driver hoped to run into this guy:
 
                                          http://youtu.be/I9NGuz2U9w8

 He cleaned the window until it sparkled, applied more dirt, then drew a masterpiece. After admiring the art for a moment, he rinsed it off. Why, Scott? Why?! Somebody get this guy some paper! It’s hard to watch beautiful art trickle away. Sometimes the things we have come so easily that we take them for granted. What have you taken for granted lately?

No comments: