Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bacon Shortage?

News reports indicate next year’s high corn costs will result in limited supplies of pig food and a (gasp!) bacon shortage. I don’t know how to break the news to our kids. They love bacon enough to eat it every day. As a youngster, I remember cooking bacon and picking off the fat so that only the meat remained. I wasn’t much of a BLT-eater, but I liked bacon and cheese sandwiches, with my wee bits of lean bacon scattered across the bread. If there is a bacon shortage next year and you start craving fried pork, here’s one solution to help you make it through the day:

                               http://youtu.be/eN0hNvpDvuI
Does it get any better than meat perfume for $36? I’m sure someone has already bought it as a pricey joke. I’d like to smell the perfume, perhaps I’ll buy some if the price drops. Let’s hope people get their share of bacon next year, otherwise the shortage might spawn a whole, new wave of pork-related merchandise to boost the GNP. High prices and damaging weather conditions cause shortages in everything from vegetable to meats. In your opinion, what other types of shortages exist? What else does society lack?       

No comments: