Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Whoosh! Going, Going, Almost Gone

Whoosh! Did you hear that noise?  That’s the sound of summer flying by. I didn’t feel prepared for summer to begin and now it feels like it’s almost gone. At an office supply store, I saw that they had already set up for the annual back-to-school shopping. When a back-to-school commercial came on TV, my kids groaned. However, I spoke to one little girl who admitted that she was ready to return to school. Fancy that!   
Like it or not, September is just down the road. Autumn is fast approaching with its crunchy, colored leaves and shortened daylight hours. I like the season so I’m not complaining. The weather is nearly perfect—not too hot and not too cold, no perspiring and no shoveling.  Remember this?



Hmm, flip flops in a snow storm. Now there’s someone holding onto summer! Be glad we’re not facing snow storms yet. In fact, I’m sure you still have items to check off on your Things To Do summer list. I’m looking at my calendar, but I don’t see Italy fitting in this year.  If I had a bucket list, that trip would be on it.
What about you? What would you recommend everyone put on their bucket list, and is it something you’ve already done or something you anticipate doing one day?     

  

4 comments:

Kate Dolan said...

I tend to think of July 4 as the halfway point in summer and now we're a couple weeks past that and the stores are crammed with school supplies. BUT I asked my son (15) whether he had calculated the halfway point in summer and he thought it was around July 20. (They don't get out of school around here until mid-late June) So by that calculation, there's plenty of summer left. My goal is to relax and enjoy and few lazy afternoons. I remember having some of these when my kids were small and didn't have active schedules. We haven't had many since. I like to be busy, but it won't feel like I've had a summer until I've had one summer day where we don't have to do anything. Let's see if it happens...

Bethanie said...

Kate, until a free day is scheduled,it may not happen!

Anonymous said...

With the temperatures in the high 90s I like the sound of summer whooshing away! But I do like the ease of dressing lighter and not worrying about whether I need a sweater, jacket, or coat. I also like air drying my hair.

Bethanie said...

I'm good as long as temps remain in the 80s, with low humidity.