Thursday, March 1, 2018

In the Headlights


How often do we ask ourselves that age-old question: How common is common sense? I believe that it’s not as common as you might think. Granted, a driver’s level of patience is tested when another driver is in the left lane and going the speed limit. But when a turning lane lies ahead speedy drivers should exercise patience.

I’m still trying to understand why, while driving in the left lane, I saw the windshield of the car behind me, but no headlights. I bet you’re wondering what happened to the headlights. Oh, the car had headlights, but the driver tailgated so close that I couldn’t see them. Talk about a lack of common sense. Who drives like that? It’s probably the same type of person who does this:
                                         https://youtu.be/ZN1jUXMHo5U

In most cases, tailgaters don’t drive like maniacs because they’re heading to the emergency room. The top two tailgating excuses are probably, “I was going out for coffee” and “I don’t know.” It’s helpful, but not pleasant, for someone to tell us we’re not being sensible. It’s better when we discover it in ourselves. What situations have you discovered in yourself?   

No comments: