Friday, June 8, 2012

Cutting Chocolate Cake Corners

I’ll eat one more forkful. Yum! Earlier this week our children made a delicious chocolate on chocolate cake. I helped with the set-up and clean-up but, they did the real work. Thank goodness they did because if I had mixed and baked that cake, it would have been inedible.

When the recipe said to cream the butter, I wanted use the microwave instead of the hand-mixer. When the recipe said to use three cake pans, I thought two would do. My corner-cutting  would have produced a crunchy-on-the outside, gooey-on-the-inside disaster.  But, since the kids used wisdom, exercised patience and followed the directions, the cake turned out deliciously moist and fluffy.             

The right dose of patience can yield outrageously great results or a hot mess. Check out this guy’s funny advice on cutting corners:


Good commercial. He must know how I roll. Give me the quick-fix as often as possible so I can move on to the next thing.  In our fast-paced culture, we often miss out on the best by settling for less (e.g, our fast food choices). When you’re ready to slow down, do it right and eat well, try this: best-ever chocolate cake recipe.  

What corners do you cut and what are the results? 


No comments: